1) If we all agree that “transmedia” is an adjective.
2) And, we all agree that “transmedia” is not the same as franchises, sequels etc… (see wikipedia’s def of transmedia): Transmedia storytelling (also known as Multiplatform Storytelling) is the technique of telling a single story or story experience across multiple platforms and formats using current digital technologies, not to be confused with traditional cross-platform media franchises, sequels or adaptations.
3) Then we apply these concepts to Conan’s entertaining universe: Conan provides a single entertaining experience across multiple formats and platforms (see examples below)
- Live show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1TXH0Xm1kg
- TV show: (you know where it is)
- Web: http://teamcoco.com/ – includes behind the scene and other content not found any other place
- Very active on twitter & facebook – both broadcasting and responding
- He hasn’t created an ARG or developed a “studio” zynga’s castleville
Then, can we agree that Conan is a transmedia entertainer?